Residential and commercial properties across the country and state rely on functioning septic systems. When septic systems fail, they create frustrating circumstances that require time and money to repair. If you notice any of the following warning signs, you need to call an expert about immediate septic system maintenance in El Centro, CA.
If you haven’t had a professional perform septic system pumping in quite a while, you may have a severe problem developing on your property. As a septic system or tank deteriorates, symptoms of the issue appear. Rather than ignoring these concerns, it’s your responsibility as a property owner to fix the damage before you have to replace your entire septic system or tank. Here’s what to watch out for.
- Stinky gasses: The process of filtering effluent in a septic system creates foul-smelling gasses. A well-maintained septic tank releases these gasses subtly over time without the odor issues. However, a full septic tank or a broken system causes these gasses to back up through the drains, into your home or business. You may also catch a whiff of this odor when you’re outside standing near the septic tank baffle or drainfield.
- Sewage comes back: Not only will gasses find their way through the drains in your sinks, tubs and showers, but sewage may also back up in your broken septic system. The purpose of a septic system is to process wastewater. When it’s not doing that and pushing the sewage back through the drains in your property, that’s a major problem that requires immediate attention.
- Gurgling noises: You’re standing in your kitchen preparing dinner or sipping a cup of coffee when you hear an unfamiliar gurgling sound from the sink drain. The next day you notice it again but can’t figure out the cause. Any strange noises coming from the pipes or drains in your plumbing system indicate an issue.
- Excess water: While puddles happen after a storm, any pooling water around your tank or drainfield indicates a leak. If it’s been days or weeks since it last rained and you’re noticing standing water in your yard, there’s likely some breakdown with your septic system.
- Bright green grass: A well-maintained yard adds to a property’s curb appeal. But if the grass over your tank and drainfield look incredibly vibrant and the ground feels spongy, your septic system is fertilizing this area from below. We all love luscious grass growth… but not when it comes at the cost of a broken septic system.
Any number of issues might cause your septic system to break down. From clogged pipes to blocked inlet baffles, these systems operate with the assistance of numerous components. When one fails, everything can go wrong quickly.
If you need septic system maintenance in El Centro, CA, call the experts at Sharps Sanitation now. We have more than five decades of experience repairing and replacing septic tanks and systems. Don’t wait for the problem to get worse. Contact us today to have your septic system and/or tank serviced.
Categorised in: septic tank