Preparation for and Management of Your Portable Toilets During Bad Weather
Portable toilets provide the comfort and convenience needed by outdoor event attendees and crews at construction sites. But what happens to these units when the skies turn gray and the wind picks up? Suppose meteorologists predict inclement weather, and you manage a construction site or upcoming outdoor event. What do you do?
There’s certain precautions you need to take with your porta potty rental in El Centro, CA. Despite hours of planning, bad weather strikes at any time, whether you want it to or not. If you’ve invested in portable restroom rentals, you have to take extra precautions to ensure these units don’t tip over, flood or incur any damage. Here are a few factors to think about.
- Location: The location of portable bathroom units makes a big difference. When your porta potty units arrive, ask the delivery team to place them in a sunny area near paved paths. With additional sun exposure, moisture in and around your portable bathroom dries up faster. If conditions will get muddy because of rain, placement near paved walkways minimizes how much muck gets tracked in.
- Cover units: Ideally, porta potty units would go under some kind of awning or other covering that doesn’t limit airflow but blocks out all or most of the rain. If some sort of permanent structure isn’t available to place porta potties under, consider setting up canopies to deflect any precipitation.
- Keep them sturdy: Any portable toilet units should be placed on a flat, hard surface nearing something to decrease wind exposure, like a fence or wall. If you’re hosting an event and the forecast includes high winds, ask the porta potty rental company you’re working with to stake the units.
- Drainage mats: Speak with the company you’re renting porta toilets from about drainage mats. This keeps down the amount of water and mud people bring into these units and reduces the mess that eventually requires cleaning.
- Heated units: If you’re managing a construction site during the winter, your workers will appreciate it if you rent heated portable toilets. For those hosting cold-weather outdoor events, like a wedding or holiday party, heated portable bathrooms make all the difference for your guests.
- Cleaning schedule: Whether you’re an event coordinator or construction site manager, make sure you have a consistent schedule for employees to clean up any excess water or mess caused by stormy weather.
- Schedule additional pumping: If you’re paying for a long-term porta potty rental in El Centro, CA, speak with your provider to schedule additional pumping to prevent overflows or freezing.
You’re not the experts in portable restroom rental in El Centro, CA. That’s our job! We provide our clients with the services, support and tips they need to keep their portable bathrooms clean and usable when the weather turns bad. With our more than 50 years of experience handling porta-potties, we’ve seen it all. Please contact us if you have any questions about how to keep your portable bathroom units dry, clean and damage-free when inclement weather happens.
Categorised in: Portable Toilets