Renting Toilets for Your Wedding? How to Dress Them Up
Having an outdoor wedding? Porta potties might not be on your Pinterest vision board, but they’re a necessity. As a host, it’s your job to provide clean, accessible bathrooms (and enough of them) for your guests.
Many people balk at the idea of porta potty rental for weddings in El Centro, CA, but there are plenty of things you can do to make the experience more pleasant for everyone. Here’s how to dress up your portable toilets for the occasion.
- Create a restroom area. Portable toilets aren’t anyone’s idea of glam, but you can certainly make them more comfortable for everyone. Consider setting up a tent or canopy over the restrooms (which will help keep them out of the sun) and adding string lights, flowers and décor to spruce them up. Handwashing stations can be accessorized with nearby tables holding towels and other toiletries. You may want to add seating in case there’s a line, and mirrors for makeup and hair touchups.
- Separate the men’s and ladies’ rooms. Another way to make your outdoor toilets feel nicer is to separate the men’s and ladies’ rooms from each other. Some people hesitate at the idea of sharing restrooms with the opposite sex, especially if they’d like to touch up their appearance before getting back to the party. Making separate spaces for men and women is a thoughtful touch that your guests will appreciate.
- Decorate the toilets. Why not decorate the porta potties themselves? Ask your rental company for guidance regarding what’s allowed. Once you know the parameters, you can add fresh flowers, festive signs, photos and other wedding décor. Small touches help the experience feel nicer.
- Include bathroom baskets. If you have tables set up in your restroom area, consider filling them with bathroom baskets. These baskets can be filled with everything your guests might need—for example, feminine hygiene supplies, extra toilet paper, mini sewing kits, mouthwash, breath mints, lint rollers and hand lotion. Some wedding parties include baskets of inexpensive flip flops so their guests can dance all night. It’s a nice way to make the space feel more festive, and it will show your guests that you care.
- Have a sense of humor. Finally, don’t forget your sense of humor. Everyone has to use the bathroom at some point, and the most important part is that they’re clean and accessible. Some couples include “red carpets” leading up to the toilets, while others add amusing signs.
No matter how you choose to dress up your portable toilets, the bottom line is that they’re safe, clean and convenient. At the end of the day, your guests won’t remember the bathrooms. They will, however, remember those special touches you added to make them feel like a part of their day.
Planning your outdoor wedding? Sharps Sanitation offers portable toilet event rental in El Centro, CA. No matter how large or small your wedding may be, we can provide hygienic restrooms for your whole party.
Categorised in: Portable Toilets