The Process of Renting and Purchasing Portable Toilets
Everyone has used a porta potty, or portable toilet, at least once in their lives. If you’ve hosted an event or led a construction team, you may have even had to arrange portable toilet rentals yourself. Porta potties are an excellent resource for when you need a quick and convenient place to use the restroom.
If you’re interested in renting some portable toilets, it’s important to know the process. While ordering portable toilets is easy when working with a reputable supplier, there are some preparations that should be made prior to delivery. Read on to learn all the steps that go into a porta potty delivery:
- Finding the right porta potty supply company: An important part of securing porta potties for your event or worksite is first choosing a supplier. Check in your area for reputable porta potty rental companies with plenty of experience. Working with a qualified rental company will help ensure that you pay a fair price. A good rental company will provide delivery and toilet maintenance.
- Choosing a good spot: Once you’ve decided on a supplier, you need to prepare your area for the portable toilets. Be sure to pick a spot that’s dry and level. This will make it easy for a maintenance truck to pump the toilets and provide other services. You’ll also want to place the toilets in clear view of your event or worksite, so people can easily find them. Try to avoid placing your toilets too far away from the event or worksite.
- The delivery itself: When working with a reputable dealer, your porta potties will come to you fully stocked with hygiene products. These products might include hand soap, toilet paper, cleaning supplies and other necessities. The porta potty should also feature a blue liquid inside the toilet itself. This blue liquid is a chemical that helps clean and deodorize the toilet.
- Emptying the porta potty: After the porta potties are placed, sanitation workers will return later to clean them. This process involves placing in a small hose into the porta potty, which will pump the contents into a nearby sanitation truck. The time at which your porta potties need cleaning can depend on several factors, including how many people are using them. After pumping your porta potties, sanitation professionals will deliver the contents to a wastewater treatment facility.
- Routine cleaning: In addition to pumping your porta potties, sanitation professionals will also clean the interiors. They’ll do so by sanitizing the walls, floors, sinks and toilets. They will also restock the units with paper towels, soap and toilet paper.
- Pickup: After you’re finished with the porta potties, your supplier will come and pick up the units.
Securing portable toilet rental is a simple process when you follow these tips. Be sure to discuss your needs and wants with your supplier before setting up delivery. If you’re in need of a porta potty rental, contact the experts at Sharps Sanitation. We offer affordable rentals that come with delivery, cleaning and maintenance services.
Categorised in: Portable Toilets